Table of Contents
At the time of writing, the social media platform giant Facebook had 2.8 billion monthly active users. This is over a third of the global population! And 1.8 billion users visit Facebook on a daily basis – Facebook
Investing in a Facebook business page opens up endless opportunities. Having a platform where you can communicate and connect with your current and potential customers can be the turning point of your company’s success journey.
Having a positive presence on Facebook is important, one way to establish this is by using a good quality video as your Facebook cover. Daily, 500 million people watch over 4 billion videos on Facebook (- source, 99firms) which is why Facebook cover videos can be an effective way of marketing your brand.
What is a Facebook Cover Video?
A Facebook cover video is a short 20-90 second video that appears on top of your Facebook page.. The cover video is accompanied by a profile photo, normally a logo of your business. Facebook cover videos give you more options for creativity in sending out your branding messages.
The feature to add cover videos is available to all Facebook pages and is public so everyone who visits your page will be able to view your video.
Why Use a Facebook Cover Video?
When users visit your page, your Facebook cover photo is one of the first things they’ll notice. For new visitors, your cover photo can help represent your brand and portray your story in just a few seconds. It only makes sense that a short video can accomplish this better than a still photo.
Video immediately grabs the audience’s attention. Just like in the news feed, a cover video will autoplay (without sound), drawing users’ eyes right to it. This may help keep visitors on your page and simultaneously drive more engagement.
With a video as your Facebook page cover you can:
- Creatively introduce your brand – a dynamic video that introduces your business to online visitors is a creative and fun way to make you stand out from the competition
- Make a lasting impression – a cover video makes a better impression than a still photo and makes your page more memorable to visitors
- Show off behind the scenes – create a collage of staff members or video processes and products in the making. This personalises the visitor experience and your business
5 of the best Facebook cover video ideas
- Product Demo – videos are a good way of showcasing your products in action. Demonstrate how they work and any special features. Keep the video genuine and realistic in order to build viewer’s trust in the product
- On-Site Tour – If your business is a hotel, a resort, or any location-based enterprise, then you could upload a virtual tour of the place. Show your viewers what they’re going to see once they arrive
- Screencast – If you’re presenting an app or software, screen record yourself using it so your viewers can see how it works
- Food Menu – If you’re a cafe, restaurant, or bar, having a video menu of dishes and drinks available can be more appetizing than just uploading your written menu. Showing the end item is visually more enticing than relying on your page visitor’s imagination
- Portfolio – A simple video collage of your portfolio can be an interesting way of showing it off rather than just a static picture
Guidelines on Creating a Facebook Cover Video
Facebook guidelines on creating a cover video for optimal results are as follows:
- For the best resolution, the video must be 820 x 462 pixels. The minimum dimensions are at least 820 x 312 pixels
- The video size should be less than 14.75G
- The duration of the video must be between 20 and 90 seconds
- When you upload your cover, it’ll automatically resize to a 16:9 aspect ratio
- The Facebook mobile app cuts the sides of the cover are cut off making it 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall. So, to make it look good on smartphones, ensure any text is centred
- It must be 100% original. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials will be subject to Facebook’s strict community guidelines
Enlist the Help of Red Rag Marketing
If you’re looking for excellent Facebook management and maximised results consider enlisting the help of Red Rag Marketing. We provide data-driven Facebook marketing services proven to gain positive results for your brand.
Are you ready to bring your Facebook marketing to the next level? Contact us now!