The Best Time to Post on Facebook

The Best Time to Post on Facebook

Facebook’s popularity makes it a great place for brands to build awareness and loyalty, but this popularity also means many competitors. That is why timing the release and promotion of your content is extremely important. If you post at the wrong time, you could miss your target audiences’ awareness or attention. This leads us to the question: What time of day is the best time to post on Facebook?

When should you post on Facebook?

Recent studies showed that Tuesday and Thursday are the best days to post on Facebook, with the best time between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM. However, you can still experiment with different posting times until you see where your content performs better. Do not copy other people’s strategies because they may not work in your niche. You must find the time of day to post that works best for your audience.

Key Facebook UK statistics to keep in mind when posting

  • As of July 2021, Facebook has a total of 48.5 million Facebook users in the UK.
  • 44% of the UK population uses Facebook every day.
  • British people spend an average of 23 minutes on Facebook daily.
  • The age group with the most significant number of Facebook users is the 25- to 34-year-old group, with 11.2 million users in the UK.
  • 52% of Britons who use Facebook are women, while the other 48% are men.

Tips for finding your best time to post on Facebook

Take the time to review your top-performing content.

A great way to figure out when to post on Facebook is to look at all of your older posts. You can see which ones got the most engagement, and that will indicate which times your target audience are most and least receptive to your content.

You can utilise Facebook Page Insights to help you understand more about the performance of your page and posts. There, you can see how many people are talking about your business and how much engagement (likes, comments, shares) your posts are getting. You can plan your posting schedule accordingly when you know when your audience is most likely to engage with your content.

Know when your audience is most likely to be online.

It is an excellent strategy to post your content when your audience is online to see your content and respond to it. You can use Facebook’s Audience Insights tool, which lets you see all kinds of information about people connected to your profile and Facebook users in general.

Related: Everything You Need to Know About Facebook Audience Optimization

Think about when your competitors are posting.

It’s a prudent strategy to see what your competitors are doing. Likewise, you can benchmark your marketing efforts by observing what is working for other companies in your niche.

However, do not just follow your competitors. Instead, make sure you watch them as they run their campaigns and learn from their mistakes by watching those that are not performing well.

Use your audience’s local timestamp.

Facebook is more than just one page. It is a collection of pages united by a common theme and audience. Therefore, if you want to drive traffic and grow your fan base, you need to post when your users are most likely to be looking at their feeds. This means you need to post the times when people in your audience’s time zone are most likely to be online, not the times you are most likely to be online.

Adapt to changes.

You need to be aware of current trends and change your social media engagement strategy to adapt to trends. Do not think for a second that the work is done when you first set up your accounts. Monitoring is a great way to learn from your audience. You’ll learn what works and what does not, which will help you keep improving.

Be consistent over time.

Remember that consistency is just as important on social media as it is for individual posts. Consistency shows reliability and builds a sense of trust with your audience. Interactions are an essential part of the sales funnel, so do not underestimate their importance.

Content gets lost on Facebook in general. If you can’t create enough good content, it is better to make clear, consistent, and memorable posts. This is more likely to draw in an audience.

Work with a social media marketing agency.

If you are a London-based business, a social media marketing agency is quick and easy to find. Social media marketing firms can help in many ways, from creating a Facebook account to publishing blog posts, but their real speciality lies in optimising the engagement and require end result of your posts.